Welcome Back to a Safe Space
SMA Dental is excited to announce that our practice has been honored as a part of the esteemed Top 2% of Tom Terry’s Honor Roll. Our dental office is among an elite group that is recognized for providing exceptional care and patient safety by going above and beyond what is required by regulatory requirements.
In following the guidelines from The American Dental Association (ADA), The California Dental Association (CDA), The California Department of Public Health (CDPH), The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Marin Health and Human Services (MHHS) and in accordance with following the advisement of our Governor, SMA Dental is now open for all treatments and procedures as of June 1, 2020.
We want to assure you that our office is following every recommendation and taking every additional step necessary to ensure the safety of our patients, our team, and our community.
For your upcoming visit, you will notice the following changes in the office:
- Team and Patient daily health screenings, including contactless temperature readings
- Team and Patients required to wear a mask prior to entering the office
- Upon entering, Team and Patients required to wash hands or use hand sanitizer
- All team members don appropriate PPE at all times
- Limit of three patients to sit in the Reception Area to ensure proper social distancing (all other patients may enjoy our private patio)
- Limit of one essential person allowed to accompany a patient to reduce the number of people in the office and may be asked to wait outside the office during the appointment
- Plexiglass barriers placed in the Reception Area and between Treatment Rooms
- New credit card readers installed allowing for Apple Pay and signature less transactions
- Laminated and easily disinfected Medical History and Health Screening forms
- Four Medical-Grade H13 HEPA Air Purifiers placed throughout the office, EACH cleaning 1,600 sq. ft. per hour with our office being only 2,600 sq. ft.
- Six Extraoral High Evacuation Suction Units (with HEPA filtration and UV-C Light Technology) in each treatment room removing >99% of aerosol production during aerosol generating procedures
- UV-C Light disinfection throughout the office
- Replacement of HVE suction units in each room and overhead HVAC filters
- Removal of all shared items such as magazines, coffee station and cell phone charging unit
- Optional shoe covers for patients
- Pre-rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide, shown to reduce and neutralize the Coronavirus
- Daily deep disinfection of the office in addition to standard OSHA protocols
- Hourly disinfection of communal areas such as doorknobs, faucets, handles, counters, etc.
- Completion of two-day Team Training in addition to Daily Team Meetings to review and master our protocols
As we all adapt during these extraordinary times, we so thank you for your continued patience and understanding. We can only make this work if we all work together.
“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on the old, but on building the new.”
Drs. Sotoodeh, Schmotter, Marin & SMA Team